Utility and Infrastructure Maintenance, Rehabilitation and Renovation For Civil Engineers
- Understand the various types of damage that can affect Concrete and Reinforced Concrete structures and be familiar with their effects in the assessment and Rehabilitation of the structures
- List down the codes and Standards used in the assessment and Rehabilitation of Concrete structures and identify the design precautions for carbonation and chloride ingress
- Know the method of damage assessment including the identification of service and exposure conditions of Concrete structures
- Learn how to Conduct visual and exploratory investigation of damaged Concrete structures and determine ways on how to locate and monitor delaminated Concrete, voids, cracks, honeycombs, etc.
- explain the Principles of Rehabilitation including methods to prevent defects in Concrete, Rehabilitation methods against corrosion damage and determine the required properties of repair materials and systems in Concrete structure
- explain the surface repair of Concrete structures, List material requirements, reinforcing Steel cleaning, repair & protection and be familiar with the placement methods that are applied to the Concrete structures
- Employ the proper procedure for strengthening and stabilization of Concrete structures including the techniques/design considerations, shear transfer strengthening between members, stress reduction techniques and crack stabilization
- identify and Apply the strategies and methods of protection of Concrete structures
- be familiar with risk-based Maintenance strategy as well as the required repair time, required time to start of corrosion, time required to start of deterioration and cost analysis for different protection methods
Day 1: Types of finishing materials
Day 2: Steps of application to the finishing materials.
Day 3: Specification and properties to retrofitting and repairing materials.
Day 4: Various techniques of repair.
Day 5: Common faults in application of repairing materials
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes formal lectures and interactive worked examples included in several workshops. Presented also will be several illustrative and instructive videos. The emphasis in the seminar will be on the explanation of all technical points and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice related to operation and maintenance, as well as repair and alterations of industrial heating equipment
On premises; online; others