The Effective Shift Team Leader
Oil & Gas
By the end of this training course, participants will have learnt and experienced practical applications of:
- Understanding your self-awareness, as well as your role in the organisation and management style in order to effectively apply self-management
- Defining effective problem solving, risk identification and analysis within your working environment
- Applying powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication and manage others effectively
- Applying development, coaching and feedback techniques to increase optimum people performance management
- Improve team cohesion and impact on production through your management and actions
Day 1: The Important Role of the Shift Team Leader
Day 2: Solving Work Problems and the Effective Allocation of Resources
Day 3: Mastering Key Interpersonal skills and Conducting the Hand Over Briefing
Day 4: Leading and Managing your Team for Operational Success
Day 5: Developing your Team for Increased Operational Performance
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. Delegates will receive interactive training covering the latest theories and ‘best practices’ to develop strong fundamental basis upon which to build their future success during the first 3 days. Delegates will apply their learning through practical application taking the learning out of the classroom and into business situations for the final 2 days.
Work groups will explore and apply their newly learnt skills in relevant case studies, exercises and tasks to develop confidence and understanding. This combination of theory and practical application ensures all delegates leave with both knowledge and experience to ensure their future success. In addition, delegates will undergo two psychometric profiles to fully understand themselves and given feedback on the improvement.
On premises; online; others