Power Distribution Equipment
Power, Utility & Energy
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the major power distribution equipment
- Determine the various types maintenance strategies
- Explain the different types of circuit breakers
- Analyse the characteristics of oil immersed transformers
- Design a simple electrical power distribution incorporating the main power distribution equipment
Day 1: Distribution Power Transformers Types, Characteristics, Operations and Protection
Day 2: Construction and Characteristics Switches and Circuit Breakers
Day 3: SF6 and High Voltage Circuit Breakers
Day 4: Auxiliary Power by Means of Batteries and Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
Day 5: Maintenance and Safety of Power Distribution Equipment
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on smart grids and renewable energy.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
On premises; online; others