Mechanical Engineering Essentials
Mechanical engineering is at the centre of the chemical, oil, gas, and petrochemical industries. The mechanical engineer is, in particular, interested in safe containment and movement of solids, liquids and gases. Hence, this training course focuses on the central areas of mechanical engineering and guides the delegates in developing both fundamental and practical understandings of key issues. Workshop examples will be drawn from the oil and gas mechanical equipment.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Failure Mechanisms & Fitness for Service associated with engineering materials
- Have a sound understanding of corrosion mechanisms and protection against corrosion
- Develop their knowledge of static equipment related to piping systems and valves
- Consolidate their understanding of rotating equipment including pumps and compressors
- Appreciate topics related to condition mentoring, inspection and Non-Destructive Testing
Day 1: Introduction & Fundamentals of Materials Selection, Types & Failures
Day 2: Static Equipment, Valves, Piping & Fitness for Service
Day 3: Rotating Equipment, Pumps & Compressors
Day 4: Corrosion & Corrosion Protection
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes combined sound engineering principles, methods, and applicable codes & standards and best industry practices. Actual major incidents as well as industry experience will be reviewed in depth to reinforce every topic. Case studies and examples will cover a range of levels, making the course also suitable for non-technical staff.
The training course combines structured and focused presentations and discussions of topics covered with relevant examples and question & answer sessions to maximize the benefits to the participants. Participants will be provided with comprehensive training course notes and copies of all presentation material. These will be very valuable for detailed study and future reference
On premises; online; others