Legal Management and the Shipping Business
Health, Safety & Security
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Improve their understanding of the shipping business and how it operates
- Identify key areas in the shipping business which deserve special focus
- Enhance their understanding of shipping regulations
- Identify legal and managerial challenges
- Develop familiarity with current trends in the shipping industry
Day 1: Introduction to the Shipping Business
Day 2: Legal Framework and Management of Maritime Safety and Marine Environment Protection
Day 3: Legal Framework and Management of the Human Element
Day 4: Carriage of Goods by Sea and Maritime Claims
Day 5: The Shipping Business and Marine Insurance
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes lectures with active delegate participation including problem solving and discussions. Several practical examples will be presented, and the focus will be on current best practices.
Workshops will include case studies and will be presented with explanation of practical measures necessary for efficient managing of marine pollution problems. Various examples from real-life practice will be included and combined with video animations to help gain the confidence in informed decision making.
On premises; online; others