By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how perimeter defenses function by ethically scanning and attacking networks
- Conduct information systems security audits by understanding the latest security threats, advanced attack vectors, hacking techniques, methodologies and security measures
- Identify intruders, understand how they escalate privileges, and take the necessary steps to secure a system
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, risk assessments, penetration testing, and system protection measures
- Create policies and apply countermeasures against social engineering, Distributed Denial-ofService (DDoS) attacks, buffer overflows, and virus creation
- Apply countermeasures to secure mobile infrastructure against the attacks to mobile platforms and tablet computers
Module 1 :Introduction to Ethical Hacking
Module 2 :Identifying the systems at risk
Module 3: System hacking techniques and countermeasures
Module 4 :Hacking your own system
Module 5:Penetration testing
Participants will be provided laptops and immersed into an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, hack and secure their own systems. This lab intensive environment gives each participant the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience with the current essential security systems.
Each participant will have access to their own workstation and will be given exercises to practice penetration testing and create simple malware-type samples. They will also work in teams to create scenarios for the use of social engineering.
On premises; online; others