Electrical Power Systems for Non-Engineers
Power, Utility & Energy
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity
- Analyse Grounding systems and electrical safety
- Determine Electric shock risks and arc flash hazards
- Have a better understanding of electrical faults and protective devices
- Familiarise with main electrical equipment like transformers, motors and uninterruptible power supplies
Day 1: The AC Network and Electric Shock Hazards
Day 2: Operation of Various Types of Electrical Protection Devices
Day 3: Distribution Power Transformers, Motors and UPS
Day 4: The Interpretation and Use of Drawings
Day 5: The Use of Common Test Equipment and Maintenance
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of latest videos and technologies on low, medium and high voltage switchgears.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
On premises; online; others