Electrical Faults: Causes, Analysis, Detection & Remedies
Power, Utility & Energy
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various types of fault currents
- Determine the causes of overcurrent and short circuit current
- Explain differences between symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults
- Analyse the common faults in a power system
- Interpret manual calculation verses software aided fault current calculations
Day 1: Introduction to Fault Analysis
Day 2: Three-phase Short-circuit Currents
Day 3: Unsymmetrical Fault Conditions
Day 4: Representation of Unsymmetrical Faults in Power Systems
Day 5: Computer based Calculation of Faults
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult training techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes presentation and discussion of case studies (with appropriate solutions), latest videos, technologies, and various commercial fault current analysis softwares.
Questions are encouraged throughout, particularly at the daily wrap up sessions. This provides opportunities for participants to discuss with the Presenter specific issues and, if possible, find appropriate solutions. Specific goals of each participant will be discussed to ensure that their needs are fulfilled whenever practicable.
On premises; online; others